(Posted May 2022)
The Cincinnati Blue Line Foundation (CBLF) is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, founded by local police, business and civic leaders in 2017 to serve the needs of the Cincinnati Police Department and ninety-five police forces in the Greater Cincinnati Tristate region. Through a private-public partnership model, CBLF is dedicated to promoting safer neighborhoods and highly skilled and equipped police through better technology, education and programming. The Cincinnati Blue Line Foundation’s mission is to provide the necessary resources for our law enforcement officers to ensure Cincinnati is a safe place to live, work, and visit.
Executive Director (Full-Time, Exempt)
The Cincinnati Blue Line Foundation is seeking its first Executive Director who will be responsible for the administration, resource development, facility, programs, and community partnerships of the organization. The Executive Director is the key management leader for CBLF, and prior experience as a senior leader in a nonprofit, public service, or civic organization is required. The ideal candidate will has experience with law enforcement and criminal justice. CBLF is seeking a seasoned leader with experience managing facilities and staff, high level of comfort with public speaking, and a natural ability to develop broad-based coalitions. Established relationships within the Greater Cincinnati community and public sector groups is required. This role will require the candidate to be comfortable with other key duties such as fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Cincinnati Blue Line Foundation Board of Directors and will demonstrate a commitment to and passion for supporting local and regional law enforcement.
1) Administration and Finance: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization and creates conditions for success.
- Leads the fundraising and resource development activities necessary to support CBLF’s mission.
- Maintains the fiscal integrity of CBLF, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Oversees the sound fiscal management of the organization: operating within the approved budget, ensuring maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Works with partner organizations, oversees the development of funding proposals and reporting of relevant result metrics related to funding in the format required.
- Pursues monetary and in-kind fundraising strategies to support CBLF, cultivates relationships with key donors and prospects
- Leads the continued execution of the CBLF capital campaign to raise $16.25MM by 2024 to build the regional facility, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with key donors and prospects.
2) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, partnerships, and community outreach.
- Intentionally explores and establishes a variety of community, health, civic, and public service partnerships that maximize facility use and enable programming opportunity.
- Continues and existing programs that carry out the organization’s mission. Defines new programming for the officer wellness & counseling center, as well as community programs.
- Facilitates strategic planning to ensure that CBLF can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Enhances the CBLF image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations, serving as organization’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
3) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are effective.
- Oversees day-to-day operations at the CBLF Campus.
- Hires, trains, and retains competent, qualified staff. Creates optimal circumstances for employee success.
- Leads the effective administration of CBLF facilities and operations.
- Establishes employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
4) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Leads CBLF in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Communicates effectively with the Board and provides, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions as needed.
- 10+ years of experience in the public sector and/or nonprofit management
- Master’s degree in related field
- 5+ years of experience in the public sector and/or nonprofit management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Transparent and high integrity leadership, with a strong ability to collaborate with and oversee staff
- Proficient in high level strategic thinking and planning, with experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public-speaking ability
Salary & Benefits Overview
- Salary Range: $100,000 – $120,000, commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Retirement benefit
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
Equal Employment Statement
The Cincinnati Blue Line Foundation is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. Therefore, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. The organization will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations as part of this commitment.
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org